Topical Developments of Power Electronics Converter with their futuristic Control Approach in System Resilience Enhancement
Technical Outline of the Session and Topics:
This Special Session covers innovative contributions in modelling and control of power electronics converters however not limited to converter topologies, system configurations, optimal converter design strategy, control algorithm implementation, reliability, redundancy, and resiliency.
Modelling, control and reliable operation through power electronic converters have always been at the forefront in industrial applications. Variety of applications lie with this robust control facts which covers power conditioning devices, active and reactive-power flow control, grid-resilience improvement, electric mobility, renewable energy integration, grid-connected energy storage systems, smart transportation and many others significant applications. Power Electronics converters plays a crucial role in order to ensure improved power quality, high efficiency, and operational stability of industrial and commercial available systems. Reliable operation of Power Electronic Converters in Industrial applications requires proper modelling and control with reduced system complexity for higher order system. Moreover, the recent trends also emphasizing on developing advanced control techniques for the efficient operation of power electronic converters including reduced switch topology, optimal and efficient control in power/energy conversion applications. The effort of the researchers and demand of industry have led to a rapid development of high-power converters, modulation techniques and control strategies, and practical drive configurations. In this context, this special session is preliminary aimed to provide a platform to the researchers from Academia and Industry for discussing technological challenges, exchanging novel ideas, and exploring emerging technologies related to modelling and control techniques of recent power electronics converters in aforesaid areas including Power Quality enhancement, Grid resilience, Microgrid, integration of inverter-based resources, topology developments, etc.. Besides, the researchers are invited to present their R&D results pertaining to real-time prototype development through Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL), and even more implementation using high speed processor like DSPs, FPGA, dSPACE, etc.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Modelling and Control analysis of Power Electronics Converters including topology development.
- Converters for Power quality challenges.
- Active and passive harmonic filters in industrial applications.
- Control and stability pertinent in integration of inverter-based resources.
- Harmonics and power quality standards: An industry update with futuristic Front-end converters.
- Advanced current and voltage controller’s technology for power converter.
- Application of power electronic converters for ancillary services.
- Application of artificial intelligence techniques for efficient operation.
- Opportunities, Progress and Challenges in efficient integration of distributed energy generators and storages into residential microgrids.
- Control of Power Converters for Renewable Energy Systems and Smart/Micro Grids.
- Operational challenges of converter control in Future Transportation.
- Challenges of high-power converters in renewable energy applications.
- Processor-in-the-loop and prototype development of Converters for distribution systems.
- Optimization and Artificial Intelligence techniques for modelling and control improvement of power flow controllers.