Student Support Options
The subsidized reduced student registration fees has been made possible primarily to ensure that all ISGT-ASIA 2017 Student/YP/WIE attendees pay the most economical conference registration fees but at the same time enjoy maximum participation, deriving all benefits of attending this premier Asia-Pacific (IEEE R10) Power System conference. The registration fee structure for the students (shown below) is arrived bearing this in mind.
|IEEE and IEEE PES Student Members||
* Early Bird until 30th October 2017
Highly subsidized student accommodation options have been arranged in partnership with University of Auckland Halls of residence thanks to our major sponsor Electrical & Computer Engineering Department of UoA, at the following location for all interested Student attendees.
University Hall, 30 Whittaker Place
O’Rorke Hall, 16 Mount Street, Auckland Central
Details for booking are available from the ACCOMMODATION sub-tab in the ABOUT menu tab of this website.
The full program of activities for students attending are currently being finalized that include trade-exhibit interaction, industry lunches, best poster awards, best paper presentation awards, Young Professionals (YP) and Women In Engineering (WIE) activities, industry tour (if schedule permits), leadership workshop and industry CEO breakfast networking etc. Thanks to the IEEE PES support for a joint Student/GOLD/WIE program some funds are available to support these activities. The support is especially for students who are attending the conference for presenting their papers and participating in the ISGT-ASIA 2017 events. These include vouchers to the Conference Banquet on Day 3 (December 6), travel subsidies and accommodation vouchers. To avail of these opportunities all interested Student attendees needs to apply.
Application Procedure for ISGT-ASIA 2017 IEEE PES Student Support Program:
- Please download the ISGT Asia2017_PES_Student Support Program Application Form that requires a short statement why you should be considered.
- Please send signed and scanned forms along with your latest resume to ISGT-ASIA 2017 Student Support Chair Dr. Nilesh Modi (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5th November
- Decision of successful applicants and their support package options will be emailed by (12th) of November 2017
- All papers which have a student as the first author and is participating in the Conference will be automatically considered for the best student paper presentation or poster award (based on if the paper was slotted for Technical presentation, Forum or poster).
- Successful Student Support Program Payments and Awards will be settled through US dollar crossed bank cheque issued through IEEE PES ISGT conference account. These will be handed over to the Student delegates in person during the conference.